Building upon the initial support of the Pearson Foundation, the Sprout E-course has evolved into offering customized and localized variations of the Sprout curriculum and platform. Beginning in 2010, Sprout was adapted to create Youth for Change (Arab Region), Microsoft Innovative Students (Asia-Pacific), Sprout en Espanol (Spain and Latin America) and Change Inc (Ontario).
As part of the customization of the Sprout curriculum and platform, TakingITGlobal offers the following:
- A robust curriculum that is comprised of building blocks in project management, marketing, business development and team building;
- An evaluation framework developed in conjunction with Tufts University’s Center for Information & Research on Civic Learning & Engagement (CIRCLE);
- Adapted case studies to reflect local and regional realities;
- Translated content for multi-lingual contexts;
- A custom designed and co-branded platform;
- A virtual classroom with online collaboration tools, including calendars, document sharing, blogs, discussion boards, maps, e-portfolios; e-mail, libraries, live video chat and a suite of technology options to deliver webinars;
- Orientation to the platform and ongoing technical support;
- Guidance to program facilitators on day-to-day course management;
- Licensing and hosting for one or multi-year engagements.
Contact kristle(at)takingitglobal.org for more information.